Thursday, November 02, 2017

Nepal Travel - Arrival

It has been about 14 years since my last visit to Nepal. I spent just 11 days in Kathmandu this time and returned home in Korea soon. For the last 14 years, I sometimes have had dreams about Nepal. In early October, to my delight, long-awaited trip happened to me finally and I was really looking forward to this travel.
Much has changed on the flight. Korean Air has a direct flight from Incheon to Kathmandu and the flight duration is about 7 hours. Nepal feels nearer than before.

The blurry photo at the top shows Thamel Chowk at the entrance of Thamel area. It was the first one that I took with Digital camera in Nepal. So familiar scenes began to come into view just after getting off the taxi. After the installation of the drinking water pipeline in Kathmandu Valley had finally completed, the roads were not repaired yet, so clouds of dust received the tourists.
The above photos show some food for dinner at Yak restaurant managed by a Tibetan woman that I have known for over 20 years. The left one is Vegetable steamed Momo(Dumpling) with chilli sauce, the other Egg curry with rice, which had been the ones for Jaeho to want to eat for the last 14 years.